Teachers' Pay Changes
Guidance is now available on our website relating to the School Teachers’ Pay 2015/16: STRB (School Teachers Review Body) recommendations.
The School Teachers’ Review Body’s 25th Report was published 12th March 2015. It contains recommendations for the school teacher pay award for 2015/16.
Follow this link for full details on the report but please see below important information contained within the report itself.
The report’s recommendations relate to the national pay and allowance ranges. The Review Body has made it clear that it will be down to schools, in accordance with their pay policies, to determine how to adjust the salaries and allowances payable to individual teachers (within the bounds of the national framework) and that these decisions must take account of the individual’s performance.
Main Pay Range
- An uplift of 1% to the minima of the range
- An uplift of 2% to the maxima of the range
Upper Pay Range, Leading Practitioner Range, Unqualified Teachers Range
- An uplift of 1% to the minima and maxima of the range
- Allowances in the national framework i.e. Teaching and Learning Responsibility Payments (TLRs) and Special Education Needs (SEN) allowance.
- An uplift of 1% to the minima and maxima of the TLR payment and SEN allowance ranges
Leadership group range
- An uplift of 1% to the minima of the overall leadership group range
- No uplift to the maxima of the overall leadership group range
- An uplift of 1% to the minima of each of the eight head teacher group pay ranges
- No uplift to the maxima of each of the eight head teacher group pay ranges
In addition, the Report contains the following recommendations:
- Discretionary national reference points should not be published in Departmental advice from September 2015
- There should be a fuller review of the national pay framework in future - to ensure it enables schools to attract and retain high calibre graduates in an increasingly competitive labour market.